Are You Considering an Addition to Your Olympia Home?
There are a number of reasons someone may consider adding additions to their home or office. The growth of a family or business may necessitate more space, or a patio may offer opportunities for entertaining and relaxation.
If you’re reading this information, then you likely have an idea for an addition in your Olympia home. Developing that idea will take time and help from a professional who understands how to bring additions to life.
Designing and building Olympia additions to a home or office is both exciting and daunting. There are a number of choices to make, many dealing with what materials to use while balancing budgetary constraints. Throughout the process, experience will reap dividends, so you must choose a general contractor who will take your considerations into account and work with you to create the perfect addition to your existing structure.
Mike Winter General Contractor has worked on numerous Olympia additions, and can help you turn your own spark of an idea into a reality. We will work directly with you to customize any additions to your home, getting the job done on time, and within your budget.
Getting Started with Olympia Additions
The first step toward creating the perfect addition is to find a contractor with whom you can communicate with. A professional contractor can take your raw ideas and turn them into something truly magnificent, and this is true whether you are building a sun room or simply adding awnings to your home or office.
Almost everyone wonders what a new addition will cost, but that question is almost impossible to answer until some of the finer details are addressed. No matter what type of Olympia additions you are considering, it is helpful to answer these simple questions before taking that first step.
- What is the scope of the additions you’re considering?
- What materials are you going to use?
- Is the addition a stand-alone structure?
- Will the addition require any demolition in the existing structure?
- If it’s an outdoor addition, will concrete be needed?
If you can start to visualize how you want your Olympia additions to look upon completion, whenwe begin to work together it will be easier to draw up a rough outline of the design. From there, we can hash out the details and start to bring the addition concept into focus.
From your choice of materials to basic color schemes, we can help you make informed choices based on our extensive experience.
Exploring Some Ideas for Olympia Additions
We’ve been in the contractor business long enough that there are few construction projects we haven’t worked on. Whether a job is big or small, it demands the same attention and commitment to quality. What follows are just some of the more common Olympia additions we’ve created for home and business owners.
- Patios – Outdoor additions are some of the most popular for homeowners, and they can become a focal point for everyone that enjoys entertaining or simply relaxing by their garden. Patio additions come in all shapes and sizes, from hardscapes for outdoor cookouts to screened porches for quiet conversation – anything you can think of is possible.
- Awnings – Our moist climate makes these Olympia additions popular for both businesses and homes. Awnings are available in a variety of styles and colors that will accentuate your building and offer protection from the elements.
- Man Caves – Whether you want to enjoy a friendly poker game or gather with your buddies to watch the Sunday games, man caves are increasingly popular Olympia additions to many homes.
- Garages – You can add a garage onto an existing structure, or create a standalone addition. Either way, you can keep your car looking new or create a workshop for home improvements or to indulge in your favorite hobby.0
- Shops – Carvers, painters, mechanics, and do-it-yourselfers all benefit from these Olympia additions.
- Handicap Access – This is something your business can’t do without, and it may be necessary to add handicap access features to a new home purchase for personal needs. These additions require care and finesse, so make sure you hire an experienced contractor that knows what they’re doing.
- Offices – These additions can be added to a home or a business that is growing.
- Sun Rooms – For many homeowners, these additions quickly become the most popular room in the house.
- Game Rooms – As your kids get older, it’s a good idea to give them some space of their own. Game room additions are not only great for kids, they are great for parents who like a little peace and quiet from time to time, and adults who enjoy a little gaming of their own.
- Tiny Homes – More than just a fad, tiny homes are becoming popular all over the country.
Get Started on Your Olympia Additions Today
At Mike Winter General Contractor, we will design and build your home or office addition while working with you to customize the perfect space for you and your family. We will address your addition’s beauty and functionality so that you can enjoy your new space for many years to come.